Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sweater dreams

I cruised the web seeking a topic of interest, but all that happened was I started to doze.

This morning when I woke up, I had been dreaming up a storm. Sweaters from bygone days made their appearance in the dream. I pulled out of a locker a too-small green wool cardigan I bought in England in 1983. I still own it in my waking life because it is a memento of my trip to England, but it is too small for the now me. In my dream, I offered it to a friend to try on. Then I saw it again as it was draped over the locker door and I realized it was not the green wool cardigan from England, but a gray wool cardigan I used to wear that in waking life my sister helped me finally throw away because it really was too ragged to wear anymore. Then I looked again and it was a black acrylic cardigan I still own and wear, but mostly at home because it is quite pilled. It changed one last time into a green cotton cardigan that I wear at home only (again) because I once washed it in the same load with something reddish colored and it has pale red blotches that won't wash back out.

I remember another part of the dream that I can't mention here, but while dreaming it I thought, "This is just like a bad dream."

2 comments:

flask said...

it cuts too close to the center of me for me to say what exactly, but let's just say i also have sweater dreams.

a blue sweater, much too small for me to wear.

Janette Kok said...

Dreams are funny. We need a Joseph or a Daniel to interpret.