Thursday, March 10, 2011

Me and Ciscoe

Last weekend, I went to the Whatcom Home & Garden Show just to see my hero, Ciscoe Morris. He not only knows everything about every flower, shrub, and tree, he also seems to be a genuinely nice guy. After he spoke, we could line up to ask him questions. I was going to ask how to get baby spider plants to root, but instead I decided to ask if I could have my picture taken with him. I asked the lady behind me in line to take the picture.




The topic of Ciscoe's talk was hummingbirds, and in this video taken at the very end of his talk he tells in his characteristic way about the mating flight of the Rufous hummingbird. Ciscoe himself has as much energy as a hummingbird, I think.


I asked him when I was having my picture taken with him if it was okay if I posted my video of him on my blog. He said, "Oh, sure. I don't care." Some celebrities are all possessive of their own images, but I don't think Ciscoe has a celebrity mentality. That's what I mean by his being a genuinely nice guy. He's funny and jokes all the time, but he's never mean.

Ooh la la.

No comments: