Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday afternoon enjoyment

It was a beautiful, sunny Sunday here in northwest Washington. After church, my dad, mom, sister-in-law, nephew, and I went to  CJ's Beach House in Birch Bay for lunch. I forgot to bring my camera, so took a few pictures with my phone. Here is one looking out toward the ocean. The tide is out but coming in.


Here are my sister-in-law and nephew. My nephew enjoys the sun; my sister-in-law is in the shade of our table umbrella, by her preference.


My mom asked me not to take her picture. I think she may have feared that the ocean breeze, which was refreshing, had messed up her hair. My dad did not object to having his picture taken. You can see that the cell phone camera is not a good enough camera to capture the background; that all whited out. And the picture doesn't do my dad justice. It looks like I caught him when he was just starting to laugh or talk.


Here's a better picture of my dad, from his most recent birthday, just to establish what he really looks like.


We had a most pleasant meal by the Bay, then drove to my sister-in-law's house for some ice cream for dessert, then came home. Then I took a little nap. All in all, an excellent Sunday afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a PERFECT Sunday afternoon. :)

Janette Kok said...

It was about as good as it gets. Perfection would have been the entire family there, too. :-)

Lauralee Beth said...

Looks like a nice day. Hey come check out my blog if you'd like sometime.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.