Monday, July 5, 2010

Not a prince, but I rescued him (maybe)

I saw movement in my "pond" today and discovered a frog swimming in it. I'm not sure if he jumped in or hatched there.


I couldn't be sure, but it looked as though the frog was trying to climb out of the pond but was unable to do so. I scooped him up in a bucket of water, and first I carefully dumped him out on the lawn. Then I thought, it's a long way to the creek, and since the weather is warmer, what if he dries out on the way? So I scooped up some more water and actually caught and plopped him back into the bucket and brought him down by the creek. I carefully dumped him out there, within a foot of the water.

He's in the picture below, in the lower half, center; this is him in the grass by the creek.



Bon voyage, grenouille!
 
I need to clean the pond out and put up our Belgian water feature (mannekin pis). Then the pond will no longer be suitable for amphibian life forms.

2 comments:

Hege in Norway said...

It was a nice story.

Janette Kok said...

Thank you. :-)