Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday afternoon accomplishment

A while back, I bought this potting table/shelf, unassembled. Here it is as it came out of the box:

Those metal pieces with the curly cues are cast iron: heavy! Using nothing but my own two hands and a pliers, I assembled it, and here it is all put together:


Pretty, isn't it? In the garage, I have an unassembled rocking chair made in the same line--same kind of wood and leaf-pattern metal. I'm fired up now to put that together.

Here is the shelf with stuff in it, being used for the purpose for which I built it:


And here is a shot of the sitting area:


Een gezellig hoekje. Although I must admit I swept the area vigorously, as the shady side of the deck has a tendency to get a bit spidery. When the spiders are swept away, then it's a pleasant place to sit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice shelf, Jan. I'm impressed. And can't wait to see your beautiful deck in August!

Janette Kok said...

I can't wait to see you!