Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sick day

I'm back home. I went down to California to attend my nephew's wedding and had a great time with my sister's whole family.

Yesterday I flew back and also started a cold. I had a raw throat when I woke up in the morning, but just drank some water and took some tylenol. But as the day went on, I became congested and sneezey. My ears were plugging and popping during landing and takeoff. During my layover in Seattle, I bought a couple packages of kleenex. I felt chilly, which is unusual for me and made me suspect I had a fever.

I felt so blah when I got home, I didn't even want to drive out to Custer to pick up my dog from my niece's house, where her kids have been caring for him. I didn't want to drive, I didn't want to carry his crate and his bag of food down stairs. So I asked her to keep him another day.

Symptoms did not improve overnight, so I texted in sick to work. In the old days, I would have called in sick. My home is a couple inches deep in used kleenex. I still am stopped up in my sinuses and feeling tired and chilled. I may ask my niece to keep the dog another day.

I'm just lolling around the house, mouth-breathing, blowing my nose, reading a bit, watching a bit of TV, dozing off, and drinking water.

I'm so glad I didn't get sick while I was visiting with my sister's family. I hope I was not incubating and contagious while in their midst. Meanwhile, I feel I'm doing my co-workers a favor by staying home in this condition. No one wants to catch this cold.

I'm reading on my Kindle a book about C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien's literary group, the Inklings. It's okay. If I were feeling better, I'd link to it at Amazon, but that feels like too much trouble right now. Maybe I'll go lie around some more.

No comments: