Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Cozy with a book

Tonight I'm wearing my winter robe. It's dark purple and semi-fuzzy. Long sleeves, high neck. Feels so cozy.

This morning my drive was foggy most of the way to Bellingham, then it ended quite suddenly. It's intriguing that fog is a cloud lying on the ground.

I'm reading a biography of Queen Anne, the last Stuart monarch of Britain. Her friend, then enemy, Sarah Churchill, first Duchess of Marlborough was quite a piece of work. (Those are the same Marlborough/Churchills from whence sprang Winston Churchill.) After Anne came the House of Hanover, which is the current dynasty, although their name has changed, first to Saxe-Coburg-Hesse when Queen Victoria married Prince Albert, and then to Windsor during World War I, when they wanted to shed their German name.

Aren't those some interesting historical facts?


No comments: