Sunday, April 28, 2013

Flowers, please

The last couple Saturdays, I've been disappointed when -- up in good time to watch P. Allen Smith's Garden Home on KCTS (a local PBS station) at 7:30 a.m. -- instead I see P. Allen Smith's Garden to Table. I like to see shows about flowers and landscaping and, while I don't precisely dislike cooking shows, I am less interested in them. Yesterday the Garden to Table show featured a recipe for kale soup, which is something I am very, very unlikely either to make or to eat.

There is a serious shortage of gardening shows in this world. I am down to two: P. Allen Smith's Garden Home and The Victory Garden. The Victory Garden also spends time on vegetarian recipes that don't interest me. "Chef Michel" always cuts up a bunch of vegetables and cooks them into fare that does not appeal to me in the least.

What can I say? I like red meat.

And when I tune into a gardening show I want to see gardens.

No comments: