Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ooh la la

My dad and I went this afternoon the the Home and Garden Show at the Lynden fairgrounds. That's something I like to do most years. We went first to hear Ciscoe Morris, a Northwest celebrity of sorts who has a gardening show on TV, "Gardening with Ciscoe." He's kind of crazy, and funny, and he really knows a lot about plants and gardening.

His talk was a lot of fun, and then Dad and I strolled through the booths and the gardening displays before having dinner. Traditionally, we have bratwurst at the Home and Garden Show, and this year we upheld tradition. The brats were made by the Hilltop Restaurant, and were good, tasty brats.

As we arrived at the fairgrounds building, we ran into my sister-in-law's brother and his wife. They had come from Bellingham to hear Ciscoe, and we met them several times while browsing the show. As we were finishing our brats, they came and joined us to have their dinner, and we had a nice visit together. I also saw another couple from my church and a cousin of my dad's and his wife, and my dad met several people he knew from church and town, and we met a cousin of mine and her husband. That's a fun part of going to the Home and Garden Show.

No comments: