Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Rainy Day

It's raining today. That's not a complaint, just a statement of fact. If you live in Western Washington, you'd better learn to like rain. I do. I'll admit that in the winter months, from January into March, if we go too many days in row without any sunshine, it can get to be a downer. But then when I lived in San Jose, CA, I used to find it wearing to have too many hot, sunny days in a row with no rain in July, August, and September. The first rainy days in October were a pick-me-up.

In San Jose, it really does not rain in those three months, just not at all. In Lynden, it rains less in July and August than in other months, but it will rain some of the days. The last few years, though, we've had exceptionally hot, dry summers. The Northwest Washington Fair occurs in Lynden in August, and it is proverbial that it always rains at least once during Fair Week. Some years it rains fairly heavily the entire week.

Well, this afternoon I head to Whatcom Community to get advice on registration, and tonight I go to my sister-in-law's for dinner. Sounds like a good day.

No comments: