Monday, February 17, 2014

Procrastination

There is a dirty job I need to do -- cleaning up the gunky floor where a washer and dryer stood for decades -- and I don't want to do it. I keep putting it off, but today I have off from work and I am determined to do it.

That's why I'm sitting here at my desk, blogging.

So, yesterday, my dad asked me if the pussy willow was blooming yet, and I could not remember seeing any buds, so I said no. He seemed surprised, so I double-checked this morning. I walked the dog by the tree and did not see any buds on the branches.

But when I was across the yard from the tree, I saw some at the very top.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The tree from across the yard (above).



The top branches (above). See the little knobbies?

Meanwhile, another sign of spring: iris leaves are coming up (below, along the left side of the leafy path).



I hope I get more blooms than in previous years. I probably should transplant them to someplace more congenial.

No comments: