Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Enthroned

Today, I changed the seat on my toilet.  A few weeks ago, I bought a new seat, new handle, and new flapper after reading instructions and watching videos online about how to install each. The handle and flapper went in like a couple of dreams. I did buy the wrong color handle (white handle on an ivory toilet), but it works just dandy. Such a relief after years (really) of the chain falling off every few flushes. But the seat I had bought was too long, so I put it back in its box and then left it sitting around for a while. Today I finally put it in the trunk of my car and, after work, brought it back to Lowe's. I still had the receipt. The young woman at the counter asked me if it was used. I said, "Well, I took it out of the box and put it on the toilet, but it didn't fit so I took it off again. But it's not used in the sense of used." An older woman sitting at counter stated, "We sometimes get them back like that." Can you imagine? How crass would one have to be to return a used toilet seat to the hardware store? Anyway, then I bought one that is the correct size, brought it home and, in a matter of minutes, installed it in place of the old one, which was broken at the hinges. So now I can sit firmly in place and then flush effectively.

Life is good.

No comments: