Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pleasant lines

Feeling good today! I fulfilled my springtime ambition and visited Hi Hoe Nursery this afternoon. I didn't have my camera, but I took a few pictures with my phone. After I got home, I was e-mailing the pictures to myself when my phone battery died. Here are as many as I received from myself so far.

A little bridge in the "Hydrangea Walk"

Remarkably large hostas (bear sculpture in the background)

Sweet mossy bench

Shrubs and trees for sale
A week ago Friday, I stopped at the Garden Spot on my way home from work, so I have two nursery visits of plants to get in pots. I was working on my deck this evening and was delighted by the contrast between how I felt today and how I felt a couple weeks ago. Then when I even moved a couple flower pots from here to there, I had to sit and rest because I was exhausted. This evening I was moving things not only from here to there but also hither and yon, and not getting tired at all. In fact I'd still be at it now if the sun hadn't gone down.

When I came back from my evening walk with the dog, I looked at my house and yard and thought about the job I like so much and tried to recollect the line of the Psalm: "My lines have fallen in pleasant places." Actually it's "The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage" (Psalm 16:6). It's true!


No comments: