Friday, March 2, 2012

Effectiveness

Well, so many mornings when I had to go to work I would rather have stayed home, but it's a strange feeling when it comes true. I tried to think of and accomplish some useful things. I called my state's unemployment department to talk about my status and get some questions answered. A very nice lady gave me good information, helped me out, and also told me what was required of me, which I then fulfilled.

I ran a quick errand to the bank.

I did a load of laundry--which reminds me, I need to put it in the dryer and hang up those items that I don't put through the dryer. I own a lot of cotton clothes because I have highly sensitive skin. It's all part of being the delicate flower that I am. I generally don't put cotton clothes in the dryer for fear they'll shrink. I may be delicate but my build is (ahem) sturdy, and I can't afford to have my clothes shrink.

I did some work on my needlepoint/cross-stitch pillow while watching two episodes of "House." That Hugh Laurie is a good actor. I saw a commercial for a drug that is supposed to help you quit smoking, but the side effects seemed to include mental illness and a heart attack. As Dave Barry says, "So basically, the message of these drug commercials is: 1. You need this drug. 2. This drug might kill you."

I drank some coffee.

I finished reading The Woman in Whiteand began reading The Moonstone. I tend to get on author tracks; however, those are the only two novels I own by Wilkie Collins.

I made a reservation at a local restaurant for my family to celebrate a family birthday.

And I realized I didn't have to wait until late at night to blog.

And now it's the moment my dog has been waiting for since 3:00 p.m.: time to feed him. Oh, what an exhibition of delirious joy is in store for me as soon as I stand up and walk toward his bowl. Then will come a walk in the cold rain, also a subject for delirious joy on his part, less thrilling for me.

No comments: