Sunday, June 13, 2010

Got 'er done

The last of the plants are planted. I was a little discouraged at lunch time because a light rain was falling, but then it cleared up and the sun came out. I went outside and brought dirt from the dirt pile in a wheelbarrow, then added a couple bags of potting soil. The soil level was still too low, so I drove to Rite-Aid a minute and bought some more potting soil. Got these beauties planted and added the ornament I use in one pot.



Then I wheeled away the wheelbarrow, put the shovel back where I found it, took a big garbage bag full of the little pots all the plants came in, their plastic i.d. tags, empty potting soil bags, and other miscellaneous junk to the garbage can in the garage, and felt the deck was tidied up.

While I was tidying, I stopped by my car and took out a lot of trash and empty water bottles. The car is still very dirty, but at least it's not full of trash.

I also refilled our bird feeders.

Having fed and walked my dog, I'm waiting for my own supper to heat up, and then I'm going to mix a gin and tonic and have a sundowner out on my deck and enjoy looking at the fruits of my hard work.

I still have a ways to go to get the deck where I want it: sweeping it clean, putting together the furniture I've bought, emptying and cleaning the pond, and setting up the mannekin pis, but for today I've put in a good effort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

¡Hola buenas!

Acabo de ver tu blog y para mi es interesante y tengo que felicitarte, te animo.

Mi blog es: http://sordobierzo.blogspot.com/

Muchas gracias.

Un saludo

Janette Kok said...

Gracias.