Sunday, February 17, 2008

Looking forward to May

I have hardly been to any movies in the past few years (just Harry Potter and Narnia), but two are coming up that I'll want to see. First is the second Narnia movie, Prince Caspian. Its first television ad was a 30-second spot aired during the Superbowl.



Now a full-length (two and a half minute) trailer is out, with much of the same imagery.



That movie comes out May 16, and I'm definitely interested.

Now, when I first heard they were making another Indiana Jones movie, I thought, Oh, good grief, how long do they think they can milk that? How old is Harrison Ford by now? What will it be -- Indiana Jones and the Chapel of the Health Care Center?

But the trailer has won me over. It's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and it comes out May 22.



I loved Raiders of the Lost Ark, but I really didn't care for the other two Indiana Jones movies, so I hope this one won't disappoint. I'm glad they have Karen Allen back (the love interest from the first movie). The imdb site doesn't list John Rhys-Davies (Sallah), who was a significant character in two of the movies. It would have been nice to have him back. Oh, well.

So I guess I'll go to the movies in May, if no sooner. The 16th is a Friday, and the 22nd a Thursday, but there's no reason I have to go on opening night of these films. I'm sure there will be long lines for both.

No comments: