Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another pretty day

It's another pretty fall day. Between the last post and today, we had a dark, rainy day. These photos don't quite even do justice to how beautiful the light is. But here goes.
Above is a glass globe that you can put water in and then a twig, to start some roots. I like that the copper holder has a patina now, and that the glass is cloudy.


Here is one of my hanging pots with begonia (red flowers) and lobelia (v. small blue flowers). The bright foliage in the background is our deodar cedar.


This is a maple tree my dad and I planted a few years ago. It's a variety that grows tall and column-like instead of spreading out and becoming broad. I wanted to take it from an angle with the sun more behind it, because then the leaves glinted, but the camera couldn't take that much direct sunlight. Anyway, it captures the autumnal mood.

No comments: