Saturday, August 11, 2018

Complaining about the heat

What could be more boring than complaining about the weather? But I'm going to do it anyway. It's been hot and dry for weeks now. On Friday I read that a big change was coming: cold air and showers and thunderstorm. Hooray! I hoped for no lightning strikes in our dry timber, but I did hope for cool, cloudy, rainy weather.

So this morning it still felt kind of warm and muggy. After a while, it cooled a bit and a breeze rang my wind chimes. Finally, I smelled rain. Ah. It rained just enough to wet the pavement.

An hour or so later, the sun came out and the cool, cloudy weather system was done for. I just looked at the 10-day weather forecast, and while tomorrow should be a reasonable mid-70s temperature, after that it's 80s and even 90s as far as the eye can see. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I hate the heat. And have I mentioned that I hate the heat. When will it end?

Meanwhile, I'm in a continual state of inelegance.

No comments: