Friday, November 29, 2013

Home day

Today I spent quietly at home. That is my favorite kind of day. There were some household tasks I wanted to get done, and I did get a start on them, a little bit. But, hey, the night is young -- I still may get more done. I'm a bit of a night owl and sometimes get a second wind around 10:00 p.m.

My trouble with cleaning is that I get distracted by details. I spent an inordinate amount of time today sorting through the toys in the toybox in the room where I let my little great-nieces play. I found some pieces missing from some puzzles, threw away a few broken items, and organized the toys into groups that will last until the next time the little girls open the toybox and play with anything inside it.

Most of the toys are from when my siblings and I were young, meaning they are between 50-60 years old. They are mostly wooden blocks (including a Playskool Duffle Bag O'Blocks) along with a few Lincoln Logs, a few Fiddlesticks, and a few Matchbox cars. They have been well played with for three generations now.

From a few years ago -- the latest generation playing with the toys. She has fiddlesticks in her hand,
and you can see a couple of the Playskool blocks and a little car on the floor nearby,
plus a few other odds and ends 
.

No comments: