Monday, July 29, 2013

Laughs and titters

Last night, after posting, I was still amusing myself with the blogging/blobbing typo and I thought I would like to ask people, "Have you perused my blob?" I thought this was truly funny.

Later in the evening I literally (and I know what that word means) laughed out loud when I read the following in the Wimpy Catholic's blog about attending a discernment retreat (to see if one is called to enter a religious community):

The retreat ran from Friday evening through Sunday morning. I bunked with the recovering addict and the drooler. Both nights, I was the last to fall asleep. Both nights, as I lay awake in that dark room, farts like a camel’s lowing blared from the drooler’s bed, filling me, to my surprise, with an almost paternal tenderness.

I am in my early 50's, but my sense of humor has never matured to the point that I can refrain from prolonged laughter at flatulence (also belching). Any by prolonged, I mean much longer than anyone else would continue to laugh, even 6-year-olds. I just can't stop.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: