Saturday, May 22, 2010

Planting progress

I got a late start this afternoon, but I planted this calla lily and surrounding fuchsias before having to come in and feed the dog, who was making his wants known. I will now have to walk him, but then I hope to do some more planting.


These fuchsias have colored leaves. They were called "autumnal" something. I didn't end up with a pot that had the flower name in it. I'll try googling. Maybe this is it.

It is a cool day out, almost autumnal in feel. Fortunately, I know it's only May and the warm weather will return. We seem to have some kind of storm system on the West Coast the last few days. Wednesday started out beautiful, then rain and crazy winds, and ever since it's been varying many times a day--cold, warm, sunny, rainy.

My sister down in California seems to be having cold weather that corresponds to ours. Sometimes our weather is similar, even though we are 1,000 miles apart. Similar meaning, trending warmer or colder, but of course it's usually warmer down there than up here.

No comments: