Saturday, April 10, 2010

Working waiting to be done

Things I need to do out on the deck.

1. Empty and clean out the pond. See, it's sandy and has leaves on the bottom.

2. Put stuff where it belongs. We had the deck rebuilt--notice it's made of pavers now instead of wood. While they tore out the old and put in the new, the workers moved all my stuff out of the way, then they put it back. But none of it is where I want it.

I can't move those big half-barrels by myself, especially the ones that are full of dirt and living plants. I need to get some strong young people to help me--preferably by doing the heavy work while I just point to where I want the planters.

But all this will have to wait a couple weeks. I know it won't happen this weekend, and next weekend I'm out of town. Saturday I'll be at the last day of the Festival of Faith and Writing at Calvin College, and Sunday I'll be traveling back home. So two weeks from now is the soonest I'll get any work done.

I would like to have the deck "sittable" by Mother's Day, which I traditionally host so that the moms in my family don't have to do any cooking.

I should add a third item:

3. Assemble the furniture I've bought--a rocking chair from True Value Hardware, and two Adirondack chairs I ordered through Amazon, plus a potting table I plan to buy at True Value. All require assembly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there for Mother's Day.

Sure enjoyed being at the Festival with you, Jan!

lysmm