Friday, January 7, 2022

Thrills and chills

2022 is off to a cold start, and 2021 had a cold ending. Christmas Day we had snow falling and the northeast wind blowing, to the point that my in-town and out-in-the-county family contingents had to meet separately, rather than drive through the drifts. We got together as one big group on January 2. 

We had more snow this week, and then some rain and snow mixed. The infamous wintry mix. Temperatures are hovering around freezing so that things melt then freeze again, making for smooth, slippery surfaces. The infamous black ice (actually, transparent ice, showing the black road surface underneath).

It was back to work this week, but then I was sick yesterday and today. Pretty much slept all day both days, and woke up a little while in the evenings. I feel quite cold right now; I don't know if it's because I'm having chills or because the cold from outside is seeping into the house. It will be good to get under a quilt again when I go to bed. I'm glad tomorrow is Saturday. I can sleep some more.

One's blog entry can't be very exciting when all one's done lately is sleep. So the "thrills" of my title is ironic, but the "chills" is for real.

No comments: