Saturday, January 23, 2021

Still good

 Ah, well. We finally got the hard freeze that did in my calla lily.

I tell myself it’s no worse now than it would have been earlier, but it is a bit sad to see the bloom ruined.

So it goes.

At least my dog is still adorable. Here she is nestled in a quilt.

And here she burrowed into my sweater but didn't realize that part of her was still exposed to the open air.

Today is a bright, sunny day, though cold. We are predicted to have freezing nights for a number of days now, and some chances of snow flurries. I can't think the snow will stick, though, because the daytime temperatures will be in the 40s (Fahrenheit, of course). That's cold (to me) but it's not cold enough to keep snow from melting.

It feels like a good day to drink coffee. But then, every day feels like that to me.

1 comment:

Mavis said...

Too bad about the lily. You're right, Beatrice is still super cute.