Sunday, October 28, 2018

Changeable as the weather

The skies were busy today. When I got up (rather late) and took the dog out, the ground was wet from overnight rain. When I drove to my sister-in-law's house at about half past noon, the sun was out and all the leaves were gleaming from the rain. With the fall colors, it was gorgeous. After I ate dinner with my sister-in-law and her grandson, she and I got out our needlework. I looked out the window and commented on how it had clouded over during my visit. Pretty soon, we heard thunder. It started to rain, then it hailed. We went and stood in the doorway to watch it. We could see the lightning flash and heard more thunder. After a while the hail stopped, and the storm blew past. By the time I left for home, around 3:30 p.m., half the sky was blue again. As I drove through the countryside, I went through some patches of light fog. As evening fell, fog rolled in. If variety is the spice of life, this was a spicy day, weather-wise.

No comments: