Sunday, October 11, 2015

Crash

Here it is well into October, and I haven't posted anything this month. I was in a car wreck on September 29th, and my car was totalled, but I am okay.

As I was driving home from work, traffic ahead of me stopped, so I stopped behind a line of cars. The guy behind me came up at speed (the speed limit on the Hannegan Road is 50 mph, i.e. 80+ kph), swerved at the last moment and slammed into the right rear of my car. Below is the damage to my car.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The impact propelled my car across the oncoming lane (by God's mercy no oncoming car hit mine) and into the ditch on the far side of the road. Below is my car in the ditch.



Below is the car that hit mine. Its airbags deployed because it was a front end collision for that car. My airbags did not deploy.



As my car was pushed from the rear right, my front bumper clipped the rear of the car in front of me.



It was what the traffic websites call an "MVA": multi-vehicle accident.

I am currently driving a rental car, in communication with my insurance company regarding a payout for my old car, and getting ready to shop for a new car.

2 comments:

flask said...

i am so sorry that happened.

i am glad you are ok.

Janette Kok said...

Thank you.