Saturday, August 1, 2015

Update on Kindle Unlimited

So here's what I eventually discovered about Kindle Unlimited--the one where you pay about $9 a month and can download any title in the Kindle Unlimited library. You're limited to having 10 at a time. I've maxed that out, so now when I download another Unlimited e-book, I have to give one back. So it's sort of like Netflix for books.

As I mentioned earlier, I like to get the ones with narration, if I can, so I can listen while I knit. I listened to Barchester Towers, which was fun. I listened to I Can't Complain: (All Too) Personal Essays, by Elinor Lipman, whose novels I have enjoyed. In one of the later essays, she wrote poignantly about her husband's death. Now I'm listening to her novel The View from Penthouse B, which she wrote after her husband's death and the protagonist of which is a widow.

No comments: