Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday morning coming down

This was a favorite song of my brother Dan. He said it was the song that made him go back to church.



I'm guessing the poignant lines, it took me back to something that I'd lost / Somewhere, somehow along the way, affected my brother, and:

I stopped beside a Sunday school 
And listened to the songs they were singing. 
Then I headed down the street, 
And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing, 
And it echoed through the canyon 
Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday.

We have Sunday observance in our bones in my family. I thought of posting this on Facebook with the remark about my brother, and then I imagined one of my church friends saying, "What would it take to make you come back to church?" And I imagined myself replying, "Pray for me."

No comments: