Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Saturday to the north

These striking mountains are in Canada (in the province of British Columbia). I wish I knew their names.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

They are visible from here in north Whatcom County.

My grandma (the flower-loving one, who also was a talented painter) included them in a painting of the family farm where my dad and grandpa grew up. At a later date if I can find a photo of that painting I'll post it.

The farm was near the Canadian border. They did own some land right on the border, and in those simple times sometimes took their cows across the border to get to a nearby road, then over to the border crossing and down the road and over to their main farm.

Here's the one, or the one pair, as you may look at it:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And again:



And the other one:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And again:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

You can see a tiny black cloud that was to the left when I took the first picture of this one, and when I took the second picture (directly above) it was in front of the mountain--just a little smudge at the top.

Yesterday and today have been overcast again. Actually, clouds and mist can also be lovely, but I don't have any pictures for that right now.

No comments: