Tuesday, October 6, 2009

www = Western Washington Wildflowers

Along a chain link fence near where I work, there are a lot of weeds, but also among them some pretty wildflowers. These are just yellow balls.

This one is clover. When I was a girl, I would pick one, pull out the flower petals and gently nibble the base of the petals to release a sweet flavor. I wonder who taught me that, and who told me it was clover.

This bloom looks like a variation on the humble dandelion, but its leaves don't look like dandelion leaves to me.

This picture is somewhat indistinct, but these are white ball-like blooms.

This flower was a light purple color, though the camera didn't capture it. This particular bloom was among all these fuzzy ones.

And this is the same kind, but without the fuzzies.


I took all these pictures with my phone. The phone's pictures are never very clear, and the process of accessing the photos is somewhat time consuming. I have to e-mail them to myself one by one, and the phone takes a long time to send the e-mails. And sometimes the sending fails, and I have to resend. Still, here they are. I happened to have my phone with me when I decided to appreciate the wildflowers among the weeds.

No comments: