Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baaaa

Yesterday when I came home from work, I saw a sight I don't see every day. I turned into the street before mine and there were two teenage girls each with a sheep on a leash. I was so intrigued that after turning into my cul-de-sac, I pulled over and got out of my car to go talk to them. The sheep were an FFA project and lived nearby. I told them that a couple times recently I had thought I heard sheep, but I figured I must be hearing wrong. They were taking the sheep to the park to get them used to people. I asked if they were planning to show them, like at the Fair, and they were. I asked if they would sell their wool, but they said these sheep were for meat and their wool was not so great.

I was interested to realize that you can raise sheep in city limits. I told them how my neighbor boy has chickens, and that you can have chickens within city limits, but not roosters. They were mildly interested in that. So I bade them good-bye, and I went back to my car and they and their sheep continued on to the park.

No comments: