Saturday, March 29, 2008

Unsprung

Spring came a bit unsprung today, as we had freezing rain and snow here in Lynden. I'm not disheartened. March can snow it it wants, but winter really is over. Flowers have bloomed, the daylight lasts longer, and any snow is just winter slamming the door on its way out.

According to the Catholic Lectionary, tomorrow is Divine Mercy Sunday. You can't beat that with a stick, as my dad would say.

My dog came and put his paws on my lap to tell me that he'd appreciate my attention. I tried to take his picture, but the red-eye reducer in my flash made him back down.


I think he wants me to notice that it's past our usual bedtime. He knows our schedule and prefers to stick with it, especially agenda items that include food, walking, or a warm, comfy place for him to lie back and get a belly rub. Smart dog.

No comments: