Monday, December 18, 2006

Just like everyone else

Just like everyone else, I'm starting a blog.

Today, one thing on my mind is that it's the last week before Christmas. I'm in retail; I do custom picture framing and sell art supplies. I have quite a few frames to build and assemble this week; that's good because it means I've had a lot of customers.

However, because I order my framing supplies on Monday and they arrive on Tuesday, now I can't take orders anymore that will be done before Christmas. If people come in with things they'd like framed for Christmas, will they be willing to take a certificate or something to put under the tree as proxy for a gift that can't be ready until several days after Christmas?

Will shoppers come in and buy art supplies? I personally have always loved receiving art supplies for Christmas, and I think they're a great gift for kids because they encourage creativity. Will others realize this? Come in and buy stuff, people!

I'm trying to have a good Christmas season--"good" meaning "profitable." This year when preachers bemoan the commercialization of Christmas, I think, Hey, don't knock shopping! It keeps honest, hard-working people in business.

Oh, yeah, and then there are the family and religious aspects of Christmas. I'll save that for another post.

No comments: